Scars appear as a result of trauma to the skin either from surgery, acne, chicken pox, burns or injury. Pigmentation can also be considered mild scarring as it leaves marks on the skin. Scars can affect your self-confidence and many people look for treatment to help reduce their appearance.
Scars or marks on the skin can be repaired, regenerating damaged skin naturally and safely, creating smoother, brighter, healthier skin.
There are different types of scars that can be treated at Skin Health Spa include:
- Rolling scars – caused by bands of scar tissue that form under the skin giving the surface of the skin a rolling and uneven appearance.
- Pitted scars – (also called atrophic or Ice pick scars) small, deep holes that look like the skin has been punctured with a sharp object.
- Contracture scars - caused by tightening and shrinking of the skin, which restrict movement. Typically form as a result of a burn.
- Boxcar scars – round or oval depressions, or craters, in the skin.
- Acne scars - forming as a result of active acne when the skin is damaged due to intense inflammation. Acne scars have the appearance of small ‘craters’ within facial surface skin.
Book your initial complimentary skin consultation here to find out more.