Policy for Use of Chaperones
1.0 THE ART OF AESTHETICS LIMITED T/A Atelier - Art of Aesthetics is committed to
providing a safe, comfortable environment where patients and staff can be confident that
best practice is being followed at all times and the safety of everyone is of paramount
1.1 This policy is to be clearly advertised through patient information leaflets and as a
notice in reception. All staff must be aware of this policy and agree to comply with its
1.2 All formal chaperones must receive instruction upon the role and responsibilities of
the position and must be competent to carry out the role.
2.0 Role of the Chaperone:
· Provide emotional comfort and reassurance to patients.
· To assist with the treatment if required
· To provide protection to the healthcare practitioner against unfounded allegations
· To identify unusual or unacceptable behaviour on the part of the practitioner.
· To act as a witness of the continuing consent of the patient to the treatment.
3.0 Check List for Chaperone:
· All patients must be aware of their right to have a chaperone present at any consultation or
· Chaperones may be informal (friend or family member) or formal (staff member or other
· Adequate privacy and measures to ensure the dignity of the patient must always be
· If there is a genuine need for a chaperone the practitioner must discuss this with the
· If the patient declines a chaperone this must be recorded in the notes.
· The patient's consent must be obtained before any examination or treatment commences.
· Consent may be withdrawn at any time by the patient and the treatment or examination
must be discontinued.
4.0 A verbal explanation must be given during each stage of examination of treatment.
4.1 Comments must be relevant and avoid personal comments.
4.2 The indentity of the chaperone must be recorded in the patient's notes.
4.3 Patients confidentiality must not be breached while the cheporone is present.
4.4 All additional comments and concerns and further actions must be discussed after the cheporone has left.
Morpheus8 is a powerful fractional, tightening treatment using micro-needling with Radio Frequency technology to target the deepest sub-dermal layers of the skin. It is a renowned treatment to achieve superior skin tightening, lifting and contouring by restoring natural collagen and elastin, smoothing the appearance of the skin.
EMSculpt NEO is the ultimate body contouring treatment adding Radio Frequency energy to the High Intensity Focused Electro-Magnetic energy to provide the very best muscle building and fat reduction results, all with no pain and no downtime.
Sofwave is the latest technology available for skin tightening and lifting with visible results and improvement after just a single treatment. FDA-cleared for lifting and tightening of the eyebrow and lifting lax submental tissue (beneath the chin) and neck tissue; as well as short-term improvements of cellulite.